Sourcing Specialist (SP5) – Finance Department
The position is for an expert/specialist who will be dedicated to assisting various business units with strategic/high level sourcing, carrying out competitive testing, advising business units on best practices in line with procedures in place and studying market trend. The position will also provide support to the Procurement Manager: Contracts and Compliance in terms of, negotiations and the administration of tenders.
KEY PERFORMACE AREAS (KPA’S)
Optimise procurement expenditure in line with Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
• Maintain awareness amongst Suppliers regarding Bank Windhoek demand patterns.
• Support cost saving strategies.
Strategic (High level) Sourcing
• Work with the Buying team to obtain quotes for high level purchases from various suppliers, access them, and compile a detailed assessment of cost breakdowns for the stakeholders.
• Generate quotes comparisons for high level purchases and advise/guide internal stakeholders during supplier selection based on the quotes.
• Source suppliers and maintaining long-lasting relationships with them as well as with existing suppliers to enable effective negotiations.
• Benchmark and negotiate prices with suppliers and ensure that the negotiated details are shared with the relevant internal stakeholders.
• Advise on solutions to improve company spending and outsourcing.
• Review market reports & keep up to date with trends that influences the Bank’s supply chain and spending.
• Monitor, review and develop strategic sourcing alternatives to mitigate risks.
• Support the Procurement Manager, Compliance and Contracts with the tendering process.
• Support the Buying team through coordinating and administering the strategic sourcing process.
• Provide guidance to the Buying team in terms of conducting effective sourcing of materials or services.
• Performing other functions as may be approved/delegated by the line manager.
• Participates as a Procurement professional on projects as per directive from the line manager, assesses procurement implications of project design and develops suitable procurement plans.
Record Keeping and Administrative Duties Relating to the Job
• Maintain accurate well-organized strategic sourcing records and proof of negotiation agreements.
• Manage documentation according to procedures.
• Submit reports in line with specific objectives.
• Perform as designated substitute for Procurement Officer: Contract Management and Vendor Administration roles.
• Maintain the Procurement Savings tracker, report to management periodically.
• Perform as functional bridge amongst external vendors as well as internal stakeholders.
• Assist the Buying team with identifying potential suppliers to source samples for internal stakeholders as per specification provided.
• Resolve any customer complaints and recognise when complaints need to be escalated to management.
Key Relationship Interfaces:
• Working closely with internal stakeholders
• Working closely with EMT’s, Business Unit Heads, general Management, Branch and Area Management across Bank Windhoek
• Tender Committee
• External consultants
• Service Providers
• Managing Agents
• Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
• Risk assessment
• Working knowledge of Excel and Word
• Excellent sense of initiative, confidentiality, enthusiasm, team spirit
• Good organizational and planning skills, ability to multitask, attention to detail and ability to work with a diverse workforce
• Provides clear and concise oral and written communication
• Driving for results
Technical Business Skills
• Applies business knowledge to the resolution of problems
• Takes initiative in face of obstacles and identifies what needs to be done and takes action
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Address issues in a timely fashion and can work under time constraints
• Essential to be self-motivated and extremely well organized
• Intermediate skills with the following applications required:
o MS Excel
o MS Word
• Excellent interpersonal relations skills
• Problem solving skills
• Business analysis and cognitive ability
• Operates with a sense of urgency, works well in an entrepreneurial culture and performs under stress
• Well organized, dynamic and innovative
• Self-confidence, drive and tenacity
• Trustworthy and high level of integrity
• Ability to project a professional image
• Precise, systematic and rule-oriented in gathering, reviewing and evaluating data from a variety of perspectives
• Must be a team player and willing to help others in their department whenever necessary
• Strong networking and interpersonal skills
• Relevant Procurement and Supply Management and/or Logistics degree, or similar field.
• Minimum of 3 years working experience in the Procurement field, of which 1 year should be in a specialist role.
• Valid Driver’s License
Job Application Details
Interested candidates Should follow the link Below: https://careers.capricorn.com.na/applicant/index.php?controller=Listings&method=view&listingid=9c713cfe-3176-494e-82d8-94e28b050027
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Namibia
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!