Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Project Manager: In-ports, to manage project and import teams and preform activities associated with safety, engineering, scoping, contract management, co-ordination, risk management, planning, scheduling, and the execution of projects and in-ports in line with the De Beers Small Projects Development Framework, Investment Development Model and the DBMN In-port framework and planning process. Responsibilities will include the management and co-ordination of projects and in-ports from inception to handover.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Management and monitoring of project and import budget estimation, allocation of funds, expenditure control and project cash flows.
- Effective change management and controls to ensure the effective integration and management of changes during projects and in-ports.
- Manages the commercial value-add of the discipline-related programmes and projects.
- Determines and implements Project Management best practices.
- Determines the in-port maintenance strategy and is responsible for aligning this strategy to the at sea maintenance strategy to maximise uptime over the three year in-port cycle.
- Represents DBMN in in-ports as the Client of the DBM In-port Team.
- Commissioning of vessel post in-port supporting the Production Engineer from shore.
- Maintains check list of outage management requirements.
- Identify and maintain in-port long lead items and spares.
- Tracks company assets removed during in-ports.
- Determines innovative ways of controlling cost escalation and shortening in-port project duration.
- Ensures compliance to engineering standards and specifications.
- Management of project plans to ensure integration and effective co-ordination of activities and best use of resources.
- Develops an integrated project (in-port) plan defining project charter, scope statement, work breakdown, assignment of responsibility, resource requirements, budgets according to best practices to ensure effective project management and execution.
- Develops, implements and manages a strategy to ensure effective project scope planning and scope management according to best practices.
- Develops a project schedule to ensure effective activity sequencing and management according to best practices and realising maximum value.
- Development of appropriate project procedures and control strategies.
- Interpretation of client objectives/ needs and formulation of project management strategies to deliver according to clients requirements.
- Formulates and manage a quality management program to establish the basis of quality outcomes and the effective management of the same during the project life cycle.
- Develops, implements and manages a project (in-port) communication plan to ensure effective horizontal and vertical feedback to all project participants and stakeholders according to project needs.
- Co-ordinates the project (in-port) risk management plan to ensure the effective identification and management of all projects related risks.
- Co-ordinates the procurement management plan to ensure the effective management of supply chain related activities according to the project schedule and organisational policies on procurement.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Safety Management Technical knowledge and appreciation of DBMNs Marine, Mining and Treatment Plan Systems Entrepreneurial Thinking Leadership Networking Change Management Teamwork Managing diversity Planning, Coordinating and Prioritising Financial Management Innovation Strategic Thinking Contract Management Project Management Integration Management Scope Management Time Management Cost Management Quality Management Communication & Stakeholder Management Risk Management Procurement Management Sustainable Development.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- A recognised postgraduate Project Management Certificate.
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years post graduate experience of which 2 years must be in a project environment.
- Evidence of excellent track record of contractor management, people management and stakeholder management required.
- Strong Technical knowledge and appreciation of DBMNs Marine, Mining and Treatment Plan Systems.
- Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
- WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
- Job Application Details Please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience to by following the application and registration process on the Sage portal via the Company website www.debmarinenamibia.com
- This job has expired!
Email Me Jobs Like These
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!