The Brewing Operator’s primary role is the operation of the brewing and associated process areas, the execution of quality control checks and analyses, including coaching of other team members and supporting in carrying out asset care activities.
Key Roles and Accountabilities
Execute tasks in Alignment with VPO Standards and requirements
- Ensure work is carried out in the safest possible manner
- Optimize Plant & Process Performance as per VPO standards
- Operate The Brewhouse Plant And Process
- Operate Fermentation & Maturation Plant and Process
- Operate Filtration Plant and Process
- Execute work in line with VPO Standards and guidelines
Qualifications and Experience:
- National Diploma or equivalent
- IOB Certificate would be advantageous
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a brewing environment would be advantageous
- Previous experience in a process-controlled manufacturing environment, ideally in food FMCG products.
- Ideally, a process understanding of the Brewing process from Raw materials transfers to BBT, including utilities.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft/SYSPRO)
- Physically fit and healthy
- The main role is to apply core competencies to achieve optimum plant and process performance (However, a supportive role is to attempt to develop others in own skills as well as the learning of the skills of other specialist Brewery Technicians.)
- A logical, analytical problem solver who can operate in an unstructured environment.
- A team player (prepared to communicate, listen and assist).
- Initiative and energy.
- Achievement Drive (improvement, do better than standard or what was done previously, be the best).
- Display strong Alignment to the 10 Principles on Dream, People and Culture