Duration : 6 months contract, Renewable
Duty station : Windhoek
NSA seeks two (2) skilled full stack Web Developers who will be responsible for assisting the design and development of a web-based housing information system (HIS) and database including conceptualizing and implementing creative ideas for the system in-line with the requirements provided, as well as creating visual elements that are in line with our branding guidelines. You will be working alongside a team of other developers and specialists in creating, maintaining, and updating the system.
Key responsibilities include:
- Gather and analyze requirements from clients, users, identified stakeholders and O/M/A’s for the Housing Information System (HIS)
- Design, develop and implement components for the housing information system
- Design and develop a database architecture and optimize the data compatibility with various data exchange platforms and standards.
- Plan and prototype applications
- Ensure HIS application is compatible with different platforms, browsers and environments
- Engage in problem-solving and troubleshooting activities
- test new features thoroughly to ensure a cross platform compatibility.
- Run performance benchmarking tests
- Review peer code
- Build and test Application Program Interfaces (APIs) for applications to exchange data
- Research, incorporate and contribute to the documentation of the project
- Review, refactor and optimize existing code
- Development of front-end and back-end systems for the data exchange platform as requested.
- Design and implement the data exchange workflow and custom integrated solutions for various applications
- Support and maintain HIS’s database systems to meet business delivery specifications and needs.
- Provide user and technical support on HIS
- Assist with the Development of the mobile indicator monitor tool
- Finalization of the System requirements and specification documents
- Operational housing information system as per the requirements
- O/M/A’s and stakeholders Data search/scanning report
- Training manuals and user guides
- Reporting and monitoring functionality in place
Educational Qualifications & Job Requirement Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Informatics, computing or any related fields
- An honours degree will be an advantage
- Four (4) years working experience in developing web-based applications and information systems
- Proven software development experience
- Extensive experience in various programming languages, frameworks and libraries and web applications i.e. HTML5, CSS3, PHP, Python, Node, Angular/Agile, XML, JSON etc.
- Experience with Mobile application development
- Knowledge of various databases servers such as Microsoft SQL, MySQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, Postgres etc.
- A minimum code 8 driver’s license is compulsory
- Ability to apply programming development Life Cycle principles
- Knowledge of any statistical computing packages (e.g. such R, SPSS, Stata)
- Excellent communication skills to convey information to both, technical and non-technical individuals
- Technical knowledge in areas such as client-side components, server-side languages, web application frameworks and database management systems
- Experience with version control systems (Git, GitHub, GitLab, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of the architecture of web applications
- Experience with writing technical documentation
- Excellent communication to convey information to both, technical and non-technical
- Good analytic skills and pays attention to details
- Understanding of web security and encryption techniques and protocols
- The ability to work independently and in mixed teams
- Experience of development methodologies (such as Agile and Waterfall)
- The ability to manage a complex range of tasks and meet tight deadlines