As a Systems Analyst, the successful incumbent will provide oversight and ensure management and maintenance of the District Health Information Software (DHIS2) for COVID-19 vaccination. He/she will report directly to the Control Health Programme Officer while maintaining close communication and coordination with the head of the division.
Key Focus Areas:
- Manage different Health Information System (HIS) platforms such as DHIS2 and OpenMRS.
- Expertise in writing queries and creating tables using Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) is essential (SQL, PL/SQL).
- Ability to analyse systems and resolve issues for Information Systems development.
- Provide support in the formulation and development of national policies, strategies, Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines on health information systems relating to COVID-19.
- Perform routine data quality assurance of all COViD-19 and vaccine related data.
- Conducts regular data analysis of COVID-19 surveillance and vaccine related data to monitor trends and identify early warnings for potential disease outbreaks.
- Produce daily, weekly, and monthly COVID-19 and vaccine data reports and disseminate to stakeholders.
- Provide trainings to personnel on COVID-19 surveillance and vaccine tracker tools and the DHIS2 system.
- Provide day to day technical support to end-users on all existing HIS platforms.
- Network monitoring, application, and use.
- Run regular backups on all DHIS2 platforms
- Work with key stakeholders to align, harmonise and facilitate the systems integration process.
- Act as an industrial mentor to students assigned to the HIS division for internship purposes.
- Participate in the development and review of departmental operational plans, budgets, and progress reports on COVID-19.
- Track new developments in program guidelines and implement those changes in the data reporting system accordingly
- Perform any other related duties which may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A degree in Computer Science/ Information Systems/ Systems Administration/Software Engineering or equivalent NQF level 7 qualification.
- 2 – 3 years relevant work experience in Information Systems with demonstrated knowledge in managing large amounts of data as an advantage.
- Knowledge of Database management (Should understand different methods of data storage, validation, and extraction).
- Strong knowledge of implementation and maintenance of DHIS2 within the Healthcare sector or strong knowledge on managing Information Systems.
- Capacity to perform data analysis and produce high-quality briefs and detailed analytical reports.
- Good level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), DHIS 2, OpenMRS or any related Information Systems.
- Experience in system end user training and support.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others.
- Ability to work independently and in diverse teams.
- Ability to cope with a demanding work environment and to organise and prioritise workload.
- Ability to always maintain professional confidentiality.
- Willingness to travel whenever necessary.
- Experience in a Non-Governmental or Donor funded project is an added advantage.
- Experience in Project/program management is desired.