Superintendent: Mining Reliability
Opportunity | Duty Description
~~MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To manage and ensure the effective use of resources in providing a cost effective asset management function in order to assure available and reliable physical assets/resources to support asset efficiency and engineering technical services that will contribute to the overall objectives and profitability of the entire Swakop Uranium (SU) operation.
Key Performance Areas:
- Asset / Equipment Availability and Maintenance Management: Develops and manages the Swakop Uranium (SU) Engineering Asset Management policy, systems, procedures, control standards, measures and programmes, aligning them to strategic business and engineering objectives; Coordinates and monitors operational effectiveness; Interprets and applies all relevant engineering statutory requirements, regulations and standards; Promotes, manages and recommends changes to engineering policy / strategy to facilitate compliance by all employees and contractors; Identifies, implements and applies best practice engineering and operating strategies, standards, systems and monitoring mechanisms, to ensure the appropriate use of resources to achieve engineering and production goals; Designs and implements improvement plans to engineering programmes, systems and internal controls, employee participation and management support; Manages and structures the Mining Maintenance Department to deliver cost effective service.
- Manage Asset and Equipment Optimization: Identifies and implements an engineering asset management planning system (SAP); Monitors, audits and evaluates asset efficiency and productivity trends against engineering plan targets and adjust plan accordingly; Initiates changes to work schedules or equipment when necessary to ensure production quotas and procedures are met; Ensures audits of internal engineering systems; Ensures that audit recommendations are implemented in compliance with applicable insurance standards and current legislation; Investigates all serious potential engineering problems to identify causes and determine prevention measures; Orders suspension of engineering activities that pose threats; Conducts root cause analysis, liaises across interfaces to manage constraints and initiates corrective action and/or improvement opportunities.
- Manage Engineering Safety and Environmental Compliance: Ensures compliance with applicable health, safety and environmental regulations and maintains a safe and healthy work environment; Responsible for the safe condition of personnel, plant and equipment under engineering control; Takes reasonable steps to prevent and deal effectively with any safety or environmental standard deviations.
- Manage Engineering Projects: Delegates and monitors all aspects of capital improvement and design modification projects or programs; Monitors and controls all phases of capital improvement projects, including reviewing of change orders; Monitors project costs and schedules to ensure conformance with established budgets and project timelines; Monitors project performance.
- Engineering Support, Communication and Training: Ensures that the engineering requirements are clearly communicated and understood by all Swakop Uranium (SU) employees, contractors and relevant parties; Manages engineering training for all levels to improve engineering performance; Monitors the effectiveness of engineering training and awareness programmes and coordinates improvement initiatives; Provides specialist technical knowledge and advice to all levels; Active participation in engineering meetings, audits and incident reporting investigations.
- Engineering Budget, Reporting, Document Control and Business Planning: Controls the preparation of engineering reports; Manages compliance to internal and external reporting requirements (legal & other), including a legal register; Ensures the maintenance of all engineering monitoring, incident and document control systems and databases; Manages the Engineering Department budget and cost control systems and processes.
Opportunity | Duty Requirement(s)
~~Requirements and experience:
- BSc/BEng/ B Tech degree or similar qualification in mechanical engineering.
- NQA Qualification: Level 7/8.
- Eligible for registration as a professional/incorporated engineer.
- At least 10 years’ engineering experience in a mining environment
- At least 5 years’ Supervisory experience
- Sound experience in the application of RCM/RCS/FMEA analysis especially availability/reliability modelling.
- Sound experience in Reliability Centered maintenance (RCM), philosophies and techniques.
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience of system Engineering
- SAM PM Experience
- Equipment long-term and LCC based budgeting experience that covered all Engineering disciplines on the mines.
- Valid Code 8 Driver’s License.
Closing Date: 26-11-2020
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!