Reporting to : Senior Statistician: Agriculture
Duty station : NSA Head Office, Windhoek
- To source, process, analyze, prepare and release/distribution of data.
- To follow schedules of data processing, verification and database administration tasks/demands to ensure the integrity of the Sectoral Statistics database (s).
- To deal with data sources departments in Ministries/Offices/Agencies and other data sources institutions.
Key Performance Areas:
- Participate in planning and scheduling of meetings/sessions/workshops for operational planning and implementation of sectoral activities, indices, aggregated indices, reports, publications, agricultural surveys and censuses
- Check data provided against previous data sets and perform statistical checks against parameters.
- Carry out research and analytical work on agriculture and short term indicators.
- Take on any other responsibility not mentioned above but related to the incumbent’s area of expertise as directed by the Senior Statistician: Agriculture.
Educational Qualifications & Job Requirement Experience
- A Bachelor of Economics or Agricultural Economics. (NQF level 7)
- An Honours degree in the above-mentioned fields will be an advantage.
- A total of one (1) year working experience in a statistical environment with emphasis on statistical packages (SPSS, Stata and R).
- Thorough understanding of statistical principles
- Understanding of inferential Statistics
- Understanding of inductive statistics
- Basic economics understanding
- Highly analytical and systematic
- Basic agricultural statistics and its analyses
- Good English communication skills- written and verbal
- Proficient in statistical packages and Microsoft package
“As per Affirmative Action (Employment) Act, Act 29 of 1998; Namibian Citizens from previously disadvantaged groups including persons with disabilities will enjoy preferential treatment”