Welwitschia Hospital is a 97 bedded General Hospital catering to the needs of the community of Walvis Bay and the surrounding area. Welwitschia Hospital has earned a respected reputation from both patients and competitors for professional health care services and as an Equal Opportunity Employer in Namibia, invites suitable qualified candidates to apply for one of the Specialized Registered Nurse positions.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION REQUIRED
- Adult ICU
- Maternity & Paediatric
- Provide trusted nursing care to patients and clients of Welwitschia Hospital in accordance with the Scope of Practice of a Registered Nurse.
- Take responsibility for own and delegated shift’s work outputs and standards of care
- Identify, prevent and report medico-legal risks and adverse events within delegated unit. Ensure a therapeutic and safe environment by maintaining patient safety standards within allocated unit.
Any general nursing or ad hoc duties as delegated by the Nursing Managers.
- Namibian Citizenship or eligible to work in Namibia.
- Registered with the HPCNA as a Registered Nurse.
Registered Nurse (Midwife) Qualification
- Post-graduate Diploma in Critical Care (required for Adult ICU applicants).
- Certificate in Life Saving Skills – Essential Obstetric & Newborn Care (distinct advantage for Maternity & Paediatric applicants).
- Certificate in Helping Babies Breathe (distinct advantage for Maternity & Paediatric applicants).
- 10 Years’ working experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Disposition towards excellence and quality patient care.
- High levels of energy and tolerance for stress.
- Availability and willingness to work in all units, shifts (day and night), over weekends. Public Holidays and overtime in accordance with the operational requirements of the unit.
Job Application Details
Interested applicants meeting the above requirements are invited to apply for the vacancy by submitting their application at
Welwitschia Hospital Reception,
Dr Patch Harries Drive,
or to the following email address:
Interested applicants must indicate the position they apply for in order to be considered for the specific vacancy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must be willing to submit themselves to an interview, psychometric testing and selection procedures.
As per Affirmative Action (Employment) Act, Act 29 of 1998; Namibian citizens from previously disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, 28 June 2020