Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Senior Security Officer: Marine. The successful incumbent will be responsible to physically monitor the diamond recovery processes in the plant and to proactively detect vulnerabilities, possible indicators of theft and inefficiencies in the operational and security practices.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Reviews surveillance footage to detect possible incidences in high risk and other areas
- Co-ordinates and makes the necessary arrangements for the safe and secure production consignment process
- Ensures that persons on board are appropriately inducted
- Performs weekly inspections, walk about and monthly audits into blue, pink and red areas
- Engages with the MPS to review the previous 24-hrs which includes access records and CCTV footage.
- Ensures that other security functions such as Surveillance Operators are aware of the plant functions and what specific issues need to be focused on in high-risk areas
- Reviews all human interventions into high concentrate diamond processes due to spillage, chokes etc. and investigate via root cause analysis with responsible plant and operational staff the means to minimise it to acceptable levels.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 with successful completion of second year studies of a National Diploma in Security, Risk or Police Management or equivalent
- 4 years’ relevant experience as Security Officer or equivalent position in a professional security environment e.g., including CCTV and Asset Protection
- Experience working in the Security Section in Namibia GOC (NDTC, NAMDEB, DBMN) will be an added advantage
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Computer applications – MS Office Applications
- Namibian Labour Law
- Namibian Criminal Law
- Human Rights
- Administrative skills
- Planning and organising skills
- People Management