The primary role of this position will be to provide an efficient and cost-effective facility for the planning installation, commissioning and maintenance of production equipment.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Managing and ensuring the technical availability on-board the vessel to achieve optimal efficiencies of defined equipment and systems.
- Planning and prioritizing required work in consultation with the Chief Engineer.
- Analyzing equipment according to agreed standards and diagnosing faults and anomalies using specialized knowledge and skills.
- Enhancing circuits and equipment for improved efficiency.
- Installing, commissioning and calibrating all equipment to comply with agreed standards.
- Compiles on board operating procedures and instructs users on their use.
- Maintaining all required documentation, e.g. circuit diagrams, sequence tables, logic diagrams, by making use of the appropriate software.
- Implementing new knowledge/information by keeping abreast of developments.
- Maintaining software backups of the control system and relevant equipment.
- Proactively partake in planning, installation and commissioning of vessel in-port projects
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- National Diploma (S4, T3 or N6) in Electrical Engineering – Light Current or equivalent.
- Registerable as a Technician with ECSA or other recognised body.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a process control / instrumentation environment, with supervisory exposure including 2 years in a marine mining environment.
- Experience working with the maintenance, fault finding and programming of PLC/SCADA/DCS control systems, Profibus DP networks and associated equipment; IT equipment and networks; field instrumentation, marine communication and navigation, diamond sorting machines and hydraulic control systems.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Strong analytical skills
- Leading and supervising
- Highly motivated, energy and drive
- Engineering and technical appreciation
- Fault finding and diagnostic skills