We are looking for a diligent Accountant to join our accounting department. The Accountant’s responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, conducting internal audits, and maintaining accounts payable documentation. You will also be assisting the accounting manager as needed and respond to information requests by management and for auditing purposes.
To be successful as an Accountant, you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). An outstanding Staff Accountant should also have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assisting the accounting manager as needed.
– Grade 12
– Fluent in English
– Code B Driver’s License
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
– 5 Years of accounting experience.
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
– Sound knowledge of IQ Enterprise POS Software
The position will be based in Outjo.
A competitive remuneration package shall be offered, which include competitive employment benefits such as medical aid, vehicle and housing benefits.
Suitable qualified persons that meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply by sending your CV to email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be informed of an interview.
THIS IS AN OPEN APPLICATION UNTIL THE SUITABLE CANDIDATE HAS BEEN APPOINTED.