PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To ensure all OHS requirements are maintained, monitored, and verified in line with the Company’s Policies and Procedures. Responsible for the day-to-day Transportation as per required departments.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain, implement OHS Administration and support employees, supervisors, and managers on the implementation of SHE Management and OHS Documentation.
- Coordinate Monthly SHE activities -Review SHE Checklist and assist in Preparation for SHE Monthly Meeting.
- Minute and assist with chairing SHE Monthly Meeting.
- Review and prepare Monthly Workman’s Compensation (WCA)Register
- Coordinate the roll out of Key OHS Projects and Programs
- Facilitate OHS Induction Program and awareness Programs.
- Implement Workplace Health & Safety Programs Training.
- Facilitate in annual Screenings as per schedule.
- Coordinate the Namib Mills First Aid Requirements
- Nominated Fire Fighter Coordinator and facilitate in the Fire Fighting Team
- Audit SHE Programs and OHS Requirements as per schedule at Windhoek Site and 6 monthly at Depots.
- Nominated as the Fire Coordinator for Namib Mills and coordinate activities on the Fire Fighting Team.
- Maintain and monitor OSHAS Documentation on SharePoint.
- Ensure compliance to company SHE Procedures, Policies, and legislation.
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Integration of Food Safety Requirements into the SHE Program to ensure compliance
- Assist and Support on the ISO /HACCP Documentation on Share Point and Internal Audits on an adhoc basis
- Report to Management on the scheduled basis: Weekly/Monthly basis.
- Injury on Duty
- Facilitate and complete Risk Assessments (including Buildings) and Safety Inspections
- Heavy Vehicles, Roadworthy, MDC, Licensing
- Light Duty Vehicle: Licensing
- NPI Fleet Services
- Weekly C-Track Reports for all NPI Vehicles
- R&M Abattoir Vehicles Budget
- R&M Personnel Busses – Services Budget
- M/V Licenses – Services Budget
- Carry out Ad Hoc tasks given by superiors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant Diploma (NQF 6) with 3-year relevant experience OR
- Relevant Certificate (NQF 5) with 4-years’ experience OR
- Grade 12 (NQF 4) with Mathematics and Science and 6-years relevant experience
- Namibian citizen
- Proficiency in English, being bilingual will be highly advantageous
- Computer literacy with working knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Availability to work overtime, over weekends and on public holidays