Get a Scholarship at IU International University of Applied Sciences for MBA, Bachelors and Master’s Degrees
To get your scholarship, click on the REQUEST INFORMATION link below, then CLICK on Request Free Information Button on the new page which comes and complete the form. After successful completion, an IU representative will contact you asking for your qualifications and details for scholarship eligibility.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that all products and services provided by Bank Windhoek to customers are correctly billed as per agreement with customers and as communicated to the regulator, by ensuring integrity and accuracy across banking platforms and systems. This role is responsible for the provision of support and assistance to the Manager: Revenue Assurance with regards to the revenue assurance processes within the Bank. Key responsibilities include data extraction and analysis as well as report creation for stakeholders. Assisting stakeholders with data and MIS requests as well as research and analysis as required.
2. Role, Responsibilities and Key Performance Areas (KPAs)
• Data extraction and populating data analysis sheets for Revenue Assurance Dashboard and reports.
• Assisting RA Manager with risk related investigations.
• Obtain data and MIS requests from stakeholders and respond promptly and in a professional manner with verified data.
• Prepare and aggregate data for report modelling and forecasting.
• Extract and analyse monthly data to prepare the monthly report.
• Assist the Manager: Revenue Assurance in ensuring that the recovery of revenue remains compliant to the changes of organizational policies, financial services regulations, and market conditions.
• Ensure a revenue assurance investigation is carried out to identify the root cause of an instance of revenue leakage.
• Detect anomalies in data across all revenue streams for anomalies. Document instances of detected revenue leakage with their associated root cause.
• Assist in the administration of the Revenue Assurance strategy
• Identify potential areas of risk and assist in the reporting to branches with the recovery of identified revenue leakage.
• Participate in the product/campaign development process to identify potential revenue losses. Provide pre- and post- implementation evaluations of new and existing products to assess and remediate possible revenue leakage risk.
• Administer the business processes and perform risk assessments to identify and prioritize high risk areas related to revenue leakage and suggest alternative manners of recovery.
• Create reports for all relevant information to stakeholders for decision making. This includes the provision of financial/quantitative data, as well as non-financial information, to enable effective management decision making. Ensure reports are prepared and submitted to RA Manager in a timely manner.
• Assist the RA Manager with the process of the development and integration of the pricing engine.
• Assist with the investigation of discounts given by business and ensure approvals obtained in line with the authority matrix.
2.2 Correction and Prevention
• Using the fees and charges guide as basis to recalculate the fee income with the revenue leakage cube/pricing engine and compare it to the fee income recorded on the phoenix/pricing engine.
• Where possible, assist IT with the information to centrally recover revenue leakage via scripts.
• Identify fees and charges which are incorrectly calculated on phoenix/pricing engine for IT to correct it on Phoenix.
• Assist with user acceptance testing when the revenue leakage cube/pricing engine is enhanced with new developments.
• Assist with automation of fees and charges charging methods to reduce instances of manual charges.
• Ensuring that the revenue leakage cube/pricing engine correctly calculates the relevant fees and charges.
• Assist with the documentation of the processes and calculations used in the revenue leakage cube/pricing engine.
• Assist with the testing of new and revised fees and charges to ensure that it was correctly implemented.
• Monitor data sync checks of data between various systems to provide a consistent view of data.
• Ensure correction of identified root causes of revenue leakage instances based on feasibility.
• Assist with the management and development of controls related to revenue and receivables process.
• Perform integrity and synchronization checks to ensure the integrity and accurate integration of the systems and processes.
2.3. Financial Planning and Budgeting
• Assist with the consolidation and preparation of the annual budgets, revised estimates and rolling financial forecasts for the bank and its subsidiaries.
• Assists with the application of financial models to perform “what if” forecasting scenarios and financial options based on changing variables.
• Assists with the ongoing measuring and monitoring of actuals against budget to assess progress and to identify problem / risk areas and / or growth opportunities.
2.4. Special Projects
• Prepare analyses and recommendations to influence pricing structures to improve margins and revenue streams.
• Ensure that feedback on financial queries received from internal stakeholders is provided in a timely manner.
• Assist with the preparation and interpretation of viability studies to assist management on special requests upon request.
• Conduct research and analysis for investigations in the asset and liability management space.
2.5. Operational responsibilities
• Revenue Assurance data extraction and populating data analysis sheets for Revenue Assurance Dashboard and reports.
• Monthly population of Revenue Assurance report for stakeholders.
• Assist in the data quality maintenance for use in RA models, MIS reporting and analysis in the department.
• Assist in ensuring that the implemented models are functioning effectively and assess performance over time as conditions and model applications change.
• Update model development register continuously to ensure models are up to date and updated when required.
• Assist in automation of Revenue Assurance processes.
• Assist in supporting all members in the department with tasks as required from time to time.
2.6. Hard and Soft Skills
Excellent understanding of the scope of revenue risk management and business processes and tools required to reduce revenue leakages.
Ability to work and interact with analytical tools such as PowerBI, etc.
Proficient in algorithms, mathematical theory, and computational techniques.
Proficient Microsoft Office Applications, IT, SQL and SAS and programming skills.
Be able to identify weaknesses in Bank Windhoek’s systems, as well as the causes of the identified weaknesses.
Good knowledge of fundamental accounting principles.
A background in data analysis, data reconciliation and data representation will be an added advantage.
Excellent strategic, analytical, problem solving and process improvement skills.
Ability to perform well under pressure, meet deadlines and deliver high quality of work.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Possess good interpersonal skills.
Possess good time management, planning and organizing skills.
Willingness to work extended hours when required
Ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines.
Must have an aptitude for detail and critical analysis.
Operates with a sense of urgency, works well in an entrepreneurial culture, and performs under stress.
Reliable and have great attention to detail.
• Degree in Financial Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Actuarial Science, Accounting with completed articles and an interest in learning data skillset or any other related qualifications.
• Grade 12 (25 points or more).
• Advanced computer software skills including Excel and Word.
• Knowledge on data handling and warehousing.
- Job Application Details HOW TO APPLY Interested candidates are requested to apply through recruiter website: https://careers.bankwindhoek.com.na/applicant/index.php?controller=Adverts&method=view&advertid=e8cd4828-3445-4db1-98a3-54a3914a1da6 shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- This job has expired!
Scholarship for MBA, Bachelors and Masters Degrees
Get a Scholarship at IU International University of Applied Sciences
To get your scholarship click on the link below, then CLICK on Request Free Information and complete the form. After successful completion, an IU representative will contact you asking for your qualifications and details for scholarship eligibility.
Do you want to receive jobs through email?
Like our Facebook Page
Search Jobs Namibia
- Auto electrician (1)
- Accounting (8)
- Acting / filming (1)
- Actuarial (1)
- Administration (13)
- ADVISOR (2)
- Agriculture (2)
- ANALYST (3)
- Animal Husbandly (1)
- Architectural (5)
- ASSISTANT (6)
- Auditing (3)
- Aviation (2)
- Banking (1)
- Business Administration (1)
- Business Development (2)
- carnivore husbandry (1)
- CCTV Operator (1)
- Chef (3)
- Chief Executive Officer (1)
- Cleaner (2)
- Clerical (2)
- CLERK (5)
- Co-Ordinator (1)
- Company Secretary (1)
- conservation program (2)
- Construction (5)
- Consultancy (2)
- Controller (2)
- DATA LABELER (1)
- DESIGNER (1)
- Developer (1)
- Director (5)
- Domestic helper (1)
- Driver (9)
- Economics (1)
- Education (1)
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (1)
- Electrician (2)
- Engineering (13)
- Executive Management (3)
- Finance (3)
- FINANCE MANAGER (2)
- Foreman (2)
- General Manager (1)
- General Worker (2)
- Graphic Designer (1)
- HAIR STYLIST (1)
- head of department (1)
- Health Care (3)
- Hospitality (2)
- House Keeper (2)
- Human Resources (6)
- ICT (1)
- Information Technology (1)
- Instructor (1)
- Insurance (1)
- Insurance Brokers (1)
- Intern (1)
- IT (1)
- Laboratory (1)
- Lecturer (2)
- Legal (2)
- Librarian (1)
- Logistics (1)
- Logistics Management (1)
- Magistrates (1)
- MANAGING DIRECTOR (1)
- Management (11)
- MANAGER (7)
- marketing (2)
- MATERIALS EXPERTS (1)
- Mechanic (3)
- Medical (1)
- Nurses (1)
- officer (3)
- Operations (2)
- OPERATOR (3)
- OTHER (4)
- Personal Assistant (1)
- Pharmacist (5)
- Plumbing (2)
- Principal (3)
- Procurement (1)
- Project Manager (4)
- Quality Assurance (1)
- Quality Controller (1)
- Quantity Surveryor (2)
- Radiographer (2)
- Radiologist (1)
- Real Estate (1)
- Receptionist (1)
- Research Assistant (1)
- Sales (5)
- Sales and Marketing (7)
- Secretary (1)
- Security (2)
- Social Work (1)
- Specialist (2)
- Spray Painters (1)
- Statistician (2)
- Stock Control (1)
- Store Manager (1)
- Storeman (1)
- Supervisor (5)
- Surveyor (1)
- Teachers (11)
- Technical (1)
- Technician (3)
- TRAINER (1)
- Translator (1)
- VETERINARY (2)
- Waiter/Waitress (2)
- Welder (2)
- woodwork (2)
- Workshop Technician (1)