Project Planner/Mining Engineer
One Year Renewable Fixed Term Contract
QKR Navachab Gold Mine, situated in Karibib Namibia, is undertaking studies to evaluate expansion from the current Open Pit operation to additional output from Underground Mining. The studies are now at Feasibility Level and would be concluded with results from an Underground Trial Mine and Exploration Drilling.
The position reports functionally to the Underground Mining Project Manager, but will operate within a Project Matrix Structure; project interaction with External Consultants and Internal Stakeholders.
- Participate in Short term and LOM Underground Mine Design, Planning and Scheduling
- Project Planning.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of financial models for the Trial and Full/Main Mine
- Compile project progress reports, project documentation and standards writing
Participate in the Mining Engineering Studies in liaison with other disciplines and consultants.
- Assist the Project Manager in day to day administration duties.
- Oversee (QAQC) the Mining Contractor performance.
- Plan, promote and document Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Writing of mining Codes of Practice and Procedures
- Implement industry best practice and QKR Navachab Gold Mine SHEQ policies and procedures
- B.Sc. /B.Eng. Mining Engineering or Equivalent.
- Project Management qualification an added advantage.
- Eligible for registration as a member of a professional body.
- A valid Driver’s license.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 5 years Underground mining experience.
- Long hole based mechanized mining method experience a must, Sublevel Open Stoping. Sublevel Caving, etc
- Use of Mining software experience an advantage, but willingness to learn critical.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Power point and technical report writing skills a must.
- Project Management experience would be an added advantage
- Ability to work with cross cultural and multidisciplinary stakeholders;
- Good communication, report writing and presentation skills; Excellent personal and interpersonal team skills
- Innovative and critical thinker; Ability to deliver under minimal supervision.
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!