Primary Position Purpose
Delivering business support functionality, with specific focus on financial and administrative management of project- and quality management systems as well as business development through preparation of bids/tenders.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Project setup and maintenance on company filing – and financial systems.
- Monitoring project system processes, document-, and record control and suggesting opportunities for improvement for greater administrative efficiency.
- Support Project Engineer with daily requirements, including filing, data capture, tracking deliverables, correspondence, recording and distribution of minutes, travel management, timesheet and sundry admin, diary management, editing and producing reports, forms, and presentations, etc.
- Administration of tender procedures, including maintenance of statutory documents, staff CV and company profile, up to date opportunity registers, tender filing, compilation of tenders and review of compliance to client tender rules.
- Administration of company integrated quality and project management systems.
- Assisting other business support functions, including operational management, IT, HR and finance personnel in day-to-day activity.
Key Performance Indicators
- Excellent organisational- and time management.
- Neatness, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Numerical and verbal proficiency
- Professional clean and concise presentation of documents.
- Ability to work with and report to multiple managers.
Recommended Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Tertiary qualification in office and/or project administration (min NQF level 5).
- Advanced MS office suite skillset (MS word, MS Excel, Outlook, MS Teams, Powerpoint, OneDrive, Sharepoint). [Microsoft office certification is desirable]
- At least three years practical work experience within a technical services firm in same or similar role.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 23 September 2020
Details of the package on offer will be shared with shortlisted candidates.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the “Apply Now” link below and follow the prompts.
Only candidates who meet the above minimum requirements will be considered. Correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To find out more about VKE Namibia, please visit our SMEC Namibia page at https://www.smec.com/en_na
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to VKE Namibia employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.