Vacancy: Principal Officer
Term 5 /year contract Location: Windhoek Namibia
Primary purpose of position
The Principal Officer (PC) is the executive officer of the Find, appointed by the Board of Trustees (BoTj and answers to The BoT through the Chairman of the Bead. He/she is responsible for the overall day-to-day management of the Namibia Health Plan (NHP) by monitoring the activities of the Fund, through effective service level execution of the Administrator as per the Strategic Plan KRA’s/KPI s. The role is also responsible to ensure that its operations are managed prudently and in accordance with tne Fund’s regulations as well as witHn the ambit of the relevant legislative environment relating to medical aid funds in Namibia with regular updates to the Chairman/Board.
- Leadershio responsibilities
- Process management responsibilities
- Financial responsibilities
- Advance Planning
Key Performance Areas
- By providing to the Board at Beard meetings an update of the financial stability o* NHP, including tactois impacting such financial stabili
- Assisting with the provision of competitive, innovative, aid value-based products.
- Assisting with strategies to grow NHP membership ri conjunction with the Administrator.
- Assist the Board to reinforce NHP as leader in health care and build sound relationships with key stakeholders and regulatory bodies.
- Ensuring that the NHP Board, committees and other administrative functions are earned out with timelines/deadlines
- A tertiary qualification – Degree (NQF Level 8i in Finance, Business Administration or a relevant qualification.
- At least 8 years experience in a middle/senior management position and have a sound understanding of the business operations of a
- Experience in working with and understanding the management of service providers will be an advantage.
Competencies required or where appropriate as an advantage
- Sound financial acumen
- Excellent strategy execution
- Strategic project management
- Good insight into corporate governance (Namoode) ano Environmental, Social arxJ Governance (ESG) principles
- Analytical, conceptual ard logical thinking
- Sound communication skills
- Customer orientated
- Computer literacy
- Namibian Citizen or Permanent Resident
The following persons are not eligible to apply to the PO role
- A director, member, employee or other official of any organization serving as the Administrator of a Medical Fund
- A director, member, employee or other official of any organization rendering services to the Administrator ir. connection with the business of the Func
- The auditor of the Fund
Closing Dale: Monday, 28 February 2022 @ 17:00
- Job Application Details Candidates who comply with the above criteria and competency areas should submit their application. No late applications will be accepted. This recruitment is managerial by Elte Employment please apply by visiting the following website https://etiteemployment comma and uploading your CV tor the position. Enquiries: Antoinette Druker, ©mail: [email protected] telephone: 061 23^151 Any applications sent to NHP directly, will NOT be considered. Only shortlisted candidates 'will be contacted. Note: NHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and operates in line with affirmative act and guidelines.