Purpose of the position:
Responsible for execution of administrative Board secretarial, paralegal and general secretarial duties for the Compliance, Legal and Company Secretary Division. Liaise with Divisions on various matters related to the division. This is carried out by exercising judgment, displaying own initiative and effective communications internally and externally.
Key performance areas:
- General Secretarial & Administrative as well Board Support Function
- Travel Administration
- Meeting Administration
- Record Management
- Basic Legal Research
- Monitors the legislative landscape for changes in legislation that has an impact on the Administration / Government Gazette’s
- Proactively manage compliance requirements to the Road Fund Administration Act, Regulations, and the Public Enterprises Governance Act
- Responsible for all Procurement related requirements of the Division
- Administration of Contract Management
- Ad-hoc duties
Experience and special knowledge requirements:
- A minimum of five (5) years demonstrated working experience in a legal environment of which two (2) years should be in a corporate environment.
- Experience in Board Secretarial Function or Compliance or Contract Management will be an advantage.
- Code B Driver’s License
- Knowledge of online legal research platforms i.e. JUTA
- B. Juris Degree or a relevant qualification. NQF Level 7