OPERATIONS SUPERINTENDENT: HOT METALS
The incumbent will report to the Manager: Hot Metals/Acid/Water and Ancillaries and be accountable for:
- Ensure all Legal, Health, Safety and Environment related standards, practices, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations are adhered to.
- Draw up production schedule and manage production process.
- Manage all short to medium term activities to ensure production targets are met.
- Prepare annual budgets, and controls and manage resources in the operations.
- Lead and coordinate the work of team members to accomplish designated objectives.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure resources and equipment availability as required for production process.
- Support, create and maintain sound working relationships with co-workers / team members to resolve problems.
- Effective People and Performance Management.
- Maintain Personal Professional Development and Growth.
- Perform ad hoc related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A recognized Bachelor of Science Degree or a National Diploma in Chemical /Chemistry / Metallurgical / Mineral Processing.
- A Degree holder should have 7 years’ experience in Metallurgical Processing plant operations, of which 5 years must have been in a supervisory capacity.
- A Diploma holder should have 10 years relevant experience in Metallurgical processing plant operations of which 5 years must have been in a supervisory capacity.
- Exposure to engineering maintenance practices will be an added advantage.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to positively influence people and interact with diverse stakeholders.
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License.
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!