Oil Rig Roughneck – Africa Personnel Services
The Roughneck is responsible for oil rigs and performs activities such as setting up and maintaining oil rigs, preparing the area for drilling operations, assembling pipes, driving trucks, loading and unloading various items and cleaning the area when drilling operations are complete.
- Help set up, tear down, and move oil drilling rigs and equipment from one location to the next.
- Clean-up of oil spills around the drilling area.
- Maintains oil drill rig tools and equipment to a high standard.
- Tightens loosens and monitors sections of pipe using hydraulic clamps during the oil-drilling operation.
- Drive a truck to transport oil drilling and service rig equipment and materials.
- Responsible for laying and tripping pipe in and out the proper hole.
- High school diploma;
- Commercial driver’s license;
- Must have at least 2 years experience in operating as a Roughneck (non-negotiable);
- Namibian Citizen (certificate of domicile/ permanent residence will be accepted);
- This job has expired!