Manager Southern Region
Direct Supervisor: Director Border Control and Operational Compliance
To manage the South Region Unit.
Namibian citizens shall enjoy preference.
Proof of no criminal record.
A relevant, internationally recognised Bachelor’s Degree (NQF 7).
Six (6) years’ relevant experience.
Valid Drivers’ License.
Key Performance Areas:
- Accountable to the Director Border Control and Operational Compliance regarding the overall performance of the South Region Unit of the Customs (Border and Operational Compliance) Department.
- Manage the South Region Unit of the Customs (Border and Operational Compliance) Department including overseeing the:
Main Office: – Senior Customs Officer: Risk Management.
Ariamsvlei Border Post: – Principal Customs Officer: Clearance, Enforcement and Scanner Operations; and Senior Customs Officer: Clearance, Enforcement and Scanner Operations.
Noordoewer Border Post: – Principal Customs Officer: Clearance, Enforcement and Scanner Operations; Senior Customs Officer: Clearance, Enforcement and Scanner Operations; Senior Customs Officer Oranjemund.
Keetmanshoop Regional Office: – Principal Customs Officer: Clearance, Enforcement and Scanner Operations; Senior Customs Officer: Clearance, Enforcement and Scanner Operations; Senior Customs Officer Luderitz.
Office of the Manager: – Personal Assistant; Hygiene Officer; and Driver.
- Communicate the Border Control and Operational Compliance Division’s goals, operational instructions, policies, procedures, and regulations to subordinates.
- Compile the Operational plan cascaded from the strategic plan and manage the implementation of the Operational Plan.
- Responsible for the coordination of regional relations.
- Provide input to strategy design for international relation development.
- Oversee border control operational compliance and the processing of import and export documentation.
- Monitor proper implementation of clearance and customs operations.
- Maintain, identify and manage risks.
- Monitor and ensure that tariff rulings are applied appropriately.
- Monitor and evaluate the departmental performance against strategic- and operational plans.
- Guide and lead the South Region Unit of the Customs (Border and Operational Compliance) Department and review staff performance and progress reports, provide positive feedback and guide rectifying behaviour as necessary to capacitate the Department in executing its functions aligned with NAMRA’s vision and mission.
- Account for the compilation, submission, and execution of the Divisional budgets in line with delegations of authority.
- Provide inputs to the departmental head regarding additional funds required, funding proposals and budget variances.
- Report on the status of the budget at required intervals.
- Maintain strong internal and external stakeholder relations and collaborate with relevant industry stakeholders as required.
- Any other function delegated or related to the position.
For application to be valid, a submission must be made within the stated deadline and comprise of the following:
- A cover letter, providing a detailed motivation for the position, signed by the applicant.
- An up to date detailed curriculum vitae, including at least two professional references.
- Certified copies of the highest academic qualifications attained. Foreign qualifications must be evaluated by the Namibia Qualifications Authority (NQA) and proof of evaluation of qualification should be attached.
- Certified copies of Identity Documents and all other supporting documents.
NB: All appointments will be vetted according to the due process.
Only on-line applications via the website https://www.careers-page.com/visions-consulting will be accepted. Please select the relevant position you wish to apply for once directed to the Website.
Applicants are requested to also forward their documents to [email protected] and clearly indicate in the subject line of the email the position applied for.
Closing date: Applications must be submitted before close of business on 31 December 2020.
Only electronic applications shall be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and no documents will be returned to applicants.
CLOSING DATE: 31 DECEMBER 2020 AT 17:00
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!