Legal & Compliance Officer – NAMIBIA INVESTMENT PROMOTION AND DEVELOPMENT BOARD
Purpose of the Job:
The role of the Legal & Compliance Officer is to assist the Manager: Legal & Compliance to provide the Namibia Investment Promotion and Development Board (NIPDB) with comprehensive legal, compliance and governance services focusing on the key performance areas of Contracts, Legal Advice, Litigation, Intellectual Property, Compliance and Governance..
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, measure, monitor and enforce a compliance model to ensure that NIPDB operates within acceptable standards and the relevant laws and regulations and mitigate risks
- Provide legal advice and assist in regards to legal matters
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing legal agreements, legal documentation, policies, processes and procedures
- Provide litigation support by managing litigation matters
- Provide Intellectual Property support
- Liaising with external legal practitioners and stakeholders
- Provide governance and company secretarial support to the Manager: Legal And Compliance
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities to give effect to the role and responsibilities of the Legal & Compliance Officer and undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Hold a minimum of an LLB Degree
- Admitted as a legal practitioner of the High Court of Namibia
- 3-4 years, post admission, experience in related corporate, legal, governance or similar environment
- Member of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage
- Good practical knowledge of the relevant national legislation, rules, compliance codes and corporate governance instruments
- Highest regard for ethics, integrity and confidentiality
- Solution driven, ability to deliver results within agreed timelines
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Excellent judgment and ability to anticipate legal issues or risks
- Excellent writing, communication, and negotiating skills
- Job Application Details APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOTE: Candidates should ensure that all foreign qualifications are evaluated by the Namibia Qualifications Authority (NQA). Required documents for upload/attachment: CV (as one document in PDF Format) and Qualifications (as one document in PDF Format). There is no way to save a form and have a user return to it later without submitting it.
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!