Opportunity Duty Description:
Reporting to the Senior Automation Technician, the incumbent will be responsible for the availability and functionality of plant instrumentation as well as lab instrumentation setup. He/she will be responsible for the periodic preventative maintenance of all metering and control instruments i.e diagnose existing or potential problems, cleaning, lubricating and calibration. The job holder will be responsible to do fault finding and basic programming on all automation equipment and control systems, including the POLCID (Siemens PCS 7), Siemens S7, WinCC, VSD, Simocode and any other programmable device. The position is based on Plant Sargberg, situated between Otavi and Tsumeb
• Maintain, repair, install, configure and calibrate all instruments required for ensuring high availability of the cement manufacturing and packing plant.
• Attend to instrumentation and automation breakdowns.
• Ensure the correct and proper operation of equipment safety circuits.
• Planning, preparation for and execution of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
• Maintain high plant availability through preventative inspections, reporting, repair and improvements of instruments or components thereof.
• Assist with new projects instrument installation where required.
• Maintains highest reliability of all control system components and trouble-shoots in case of bad performance.
• Order correct spare pads in time for maintenance
• Check and inspect new parts or instruments.
• Responsible for the planning process of machines and assistance (planned and unplanned maintenance).
• Coordinates the maintenance and testing of instruments with the production shift foreman.
• Assist Automation Technician with basic fault finding on control systems, SCADA and communication systems.
• Manpower development — involvement with training/mentoring apprenticeships on job attachment.
• Ensure that proper housekeeping standards are adhered to (workshop, toolbox, substation PLC, gas analyzer rooms, etc.)
• Engineering Diploma/Certificate in Electrical/Electronic/Control and Instrumentation engineering (S3/T3/N3) with minimum three (3) years’ experience of which two (2) years must be in the industrial environment (cement manufacturing, mineral industry, factories, mining or any heavy industrial process).
• Excellent knowledge of instrumentation equipment components, parts and functioning.
• Knowledge in electro-techniques, process control systems, MCCs, PLCs and process control visualization systems.
• Knowledge of PLC and the programming, SCADA systems and software.
• Knowledge of Siemens S7 and PCS7 is a requirement.
• Ability to perform trouble shooting between SCADA systems and PLC.
• Good fault finding skills.
• Read and interpret electrical / control and instrumentation schematics (SLD, P&ID, specifications)
• Knowledge of basic investigation techniques and methods.
• Ability to work in a rapid paced environment to handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Must have the ability to work extremely accurate.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to learn and develop new skills.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must be able to work independently but also in a team.
• Fluency in English is a prerequisite.
• Must have a Code B driving license.
Skills I Competencies:
Technical work, Expert,
Closing Date: 2020-12-17
Enquiries: Ms. Jacolene Desai
Email Address: [email protected]
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!