HEAD: LEGAL, COMPLIANCE AND COMPANY SECRETARY – Dundee precious metals
- Legal, Safety, Health and Environmental compliance as well as promoting a safety culture in the area of responsibility.
- Providing advice to the Vice President and Managing Director, Board of Directors and management team of DPM on legal matters.
- Work collaboratively with the management team to contribute to the achievement of DPM objectives and strategic goals.
- Providing advice and counsel to management and employees on the legal aspects of their work in order to enable sound decision-making and help protect company interests from a legal perspective.
- Drafting, reviewing and finalizing legal documents and as required, communicating and negotiating with regulators, public authorities, etc. to ensure the company’s full legal rights.
- Developing contract templates, reviewing contracts and assisting with contractsnegotiation.
- Monitoring legal developments that may affect DPM and staying abreast of proposed regulatory changes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- LLB Degree or equivalent qualification (NQF Level-8) from a recognized and accredited University or Institution of Higher Learning.
- A post graduate business qualification will be an advantage.
- Admitted as a Legal Practitioner of the High Court of Namibia.
- Eight (8) years post admission experience.
- Proven track record in a wide range of legal issues, including corporate, commercial, regulatory, compliance and corporate governance.
- Strong ability to influence, negotiate and promote ideas.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external parties.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Mining industry experience will be an advantage.
- Good communication skills and the ability to professionally interact with all Stakeholders
All applications meeting the minimum requirements must be accompanied by a nonreturnable detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and identification documents (ID). Applications should clearly indicate the position being applied for and should be sent as one PDF attachment. Applications not adhering to these rules will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted . Please forward applications to:
Manager: Human Resources Business Partnering
Dundee Precious Metals Tsumeb
P.O. Box 936, Tsumeb