GENERAL (MOTOR & NON- MOTOR) MOBILE ASSESSOR
has an existing opportune a General Mob.Hr assessor who – be
based m Windhoek
JOB DESCRIPTION . . . ^m^nted non-motor and motor claims
The purpose of this position is to determine the quantum and me rt o seq negotiating with (client,
by performing investigations, verifying the description of the eve t threshold and according to
intermediary and service providers) and settlement of claims within ad g
The candidate will be expected to perform (but not limited to) the following duties.
- Adherence to set daily, monthly annual targets of the department
- Quote and assess damage against a provided or requested quotation
- Decide whether to replace/repair/ or do a cash settlement
- Arrange appointment with clients in order to assess damage. . ,
- Generate a claims report and communicate the outcome with the client or intermediary.
- Determine market value of vehicles for settlement.
- Determine a Value at Risk on Building claims
- Updating of the claims system and uploading of all relevant claims information
- Authorizing repairs with suppliers and or Motor body repairers
- Handle complaints, quenes and interactions with clients intermediaries, service providers, mterra stakeholders, relationship managers and options from the underwriters
- Managing the expectation on expected turnaround times for submitted requests
- Feedback to Quality Assurance Consultants on quenes
- Self-Development to ensure personal growth within Santam
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 qualification with acceptable pass mark.
- Diploma or Certificate in Mechanical related studies or Automotive/equrvalent Mechanical or Automotive Body Repair Qualification (e g Qualified Panelbeater, Diesel Mechanic, etc )
- Short-term insurance qualification
- 5 years assessing experience in Motor and Non Motor claims field
- Proficiency in MS Word. Excel. PowerPoint, and Outlook at an intermediate proficiency level.
- Attained product training in the following areas
- Santam Commercial Product training (SMK 1. 2. 3)
- Agriculture product training
- Tourism and Guesthouse product training
- Santam Personal Lines Product training
- Principles of Insurance.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Delivering results and meeting client expectations
- Customer Centric Orientation
- Information seeking
- Adapting to continuous change
- Performance under pressure
- Problem Solving Abilities
- Planning and organising
- Exceptional negotiations skills
- Following instructions and procedures
- Excellent Verbal and writing Communication skills
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Namibia and Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in Namibia, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia.
Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centered on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper We are about people People drive our business so it follows that we want to recruit the best people possible whether they work for us permanently or for a short time as temporary employees.
At Santam, we are committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society In achieving our employment equity goals, we give preference to applicants from the designated groups in alignment with the Employment Equity targets
- Job Application Details TO APPLY FOR THIS VACANCY Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter, CV and salary requirements in MS Word format to [email protected] or via the NIEIS website Clearly indicate the position which you are applying when applying via email. Only shortlisted candidates to be contacted.
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!