Financial Controller Grade 5 (DSP) | MoHSS
Salary: N$ 682 188.00 Per Annum
Period : 01 January 2021-31 December 2023 (Fixed term contract)
Duty Station: Windhoek- Directorate of Special Programmes
To provide Programmes Managers with support and financial advisory service& This involves dissemination of financial information, budget updates and cash forecasts required by Program Managers in their endeavour to contribute to the achievements of objectives and targets in the fight against HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
- An appropriate Bachelor Degree at NQF L7 (or equivalence) majoring in Accounting, with 6 years’ appropriate working experience in the field of Accounting and Finance, of which 3 years must be served at a supervisory level.
- Preference will be given to applicants with professional accounting qualification from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Accountant (CA), or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or post Graduate Studies in Accounting and/or Finance
Key Performance Areas (KPAs)
- Ensure accurate and complete financial records of the Ministry of Health and Social Services (MoHSS) programme implementers are maintained, using pastel accounting system or Oracle Fusion.
- Monitor expenditures to ensure adherence to the budget and work plans.
- Review VAT and payroll statutory returns to ensure accuracy, validity and completeness, as well as their timely submission and payment.
- Compile, distribute and discuss management reports with Programmes and provide necessary support to achieve targets
- Institute effective control systems required to mitigate risks inherent to the programs.
- Review audit files prepared for the Local Fund Agency (LFA), Internal and external auditors.
- Prepare Financial Statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Coordinate with Local Fund Agency (LFA), as well as Internal and External auditors
Ms. Mirchaye Shepard Ms. Elise Jele 061-2032894
NB: DIRECTIVES FOR SUBMITTING OF APPLICATIONS:
All Foreign qualifications must be submitted with certified copies of their evaluations by the Namibian Qualification Authority (NQA) and failure to do so will lead to disqualification.
The Successful candidate to assume duty on 01 January 2021
THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTIONS WILL BE PROVIDED UPON REQUEST
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their: (1) Application cover letter (2). Resume Curriculum Vitae (CV), (3) Certified Copies of Identity Documents/Passports (4) Certified Copies of Qualifications and (5) Certified copies of Certificate of Services and (6) other Credentials if any, to:
The Human Resources Manager MoHSS Global Fund
Private Bag 13198,
Directorate of Special Programmes, Ministry of Health and Social Services WINDHOEK
Hand deliver to the Global Fund Grant Human Resource Office, Room No 26. Directorate of Special Programmes (DSP): Florence Nightingale Street, Ministry of Health and Social Services, Windhoek.
No mailed and faxed applications’ will be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
19 NOVEMBER 2020
- This job has expired!