MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, ARTSAND CULTURE
DEPARTMENT FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION, DIRECTORATE:
GENERAL SERVICE, DIVISION: ADMINISTRATION AND SUPPORT SERVICES.
. Post Designation: Deputy Director
1 x Post: Grade 4 Windhoek
Minimum Requirements: AB. Degree at NQF L7 plus 9 years appropriate experience.
Supplementary Selection Requirements:
- Knowledge in MS Excel, Spreadsheet, PowerPoint. Outlook Email Etiquette (Computer Literacy), extremely proficient. Experience as Capital Project Manager, Procurement Manager, Assess Capital Projects. Records Management, etc.
- A B. Degree at NQF Level 7 should include Public Administration, or Public Management. A Master’s Degree in these fieldswill be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of the appropriate experience should be a Control Administrative Officer.
- Valid Driver’s licence is a must.
MAIN DUTIES ARE TO:
- Compliance and interpretation with the Public Service Act, Labour Act, Education Act, State Finance Act, Public Service Staff Rules, Treasury Instructions, Central Procurement Board Regulations, and other relevant Acts and Regulations.
- Participate as a member of the management of the Directorate General Services in formulating plansand strategies, and to moni^_ the latter in order to ensure that the goals of the Ministry are achieved.
- Holding regular meetings and consultations with head of Subdivisions for the purposes of planning, implementation and evaluation of the matters as outlined in paragraph 5.2 above.
- Manages the resources of the Division i.e. human, materials, financial in liaison with other Directorate and Regions.
- Take full responsibility for the procurement, stock control, support, secretarial, registry, transport and domestic services and activities of the Ministry.
- Ensure uniformity, efficiency and effective administrative and support services in the Ministry.
- Performance of relevant duties assigned to the Division by the Director General Services as well as the Executive Management Team of the Ministry.
- Advising the management of the Ministry on administrative and support services regarding the Ministry.
- Comply with the Mission Statement of the Ministry, as well as the General Principals of the Namibian Public Service Charter.
- Evaluate performance of subordinates.
- Monitoring the completion of Attendance Registers in the various subdivisions of the Division.
- Job Application Details Enquiries: Mr. Knox 0. Imbuwa. Tel 061 293 3526 /Ms. Lavinia Karises, Tel 061 293 3064 (for Deputy Director) and Ms. Regina M. Nash ikaku, Tel: 061 293 3036 (for PRO). OR Hand delivered to: The Ministry of Education, Arts & Culture Government Office Park, Luther Street Private Bag 13186 Human Resource Office, 2nd Floor, East Wing, Room No. 275 Please Note: Racially disadvantaged persons, women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants must be Namibian Citizens and/or Public Servants (proof of citizenship), or SADC Citizens with a Namibian Work Permit. All foreign qualifications must be submitted with evaluation reports from Namibia Qualifications Authority (NQA). All Qualifications/transcripts not indicating the duration of the qualification must be accompanied by a testimonial testifying the duration e.g. student completed/ passed 3 year qualification. Certified copies of educationaI qualifications and a complete CV must accompany Application Form 156043 and 156094 obtainable at all Government Offices and on www.moe.gov.na. Failure to complete all items on the application form for employment and not attaching the documents will disqualify the application. An attractive range of benefits for permanent full-time staff members include a Housing benefit, Transport Allowance, Pension Fund, Medical Aid Scheme, Social Security and ample leave days.
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!