• Grade 12
• MUTS be located in Windhoek
• Must be computer literate in MS Office 2013 & Pastel Partner
• Certificate/degree in Accounting
• Sufficient experience to provide the administrative support required
• Must be willing to travel from time to time to do customer visits
• Working Monday to Saturday (6 day work week)
• Bilingual with fluency in English and Afrikaans.
• MUST have a Namibian driver’s license.
• Must be able to work systematical.
• Must be able to work in a holistic approach with the rest of the team and follow all company policies and procedures.
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Decision making skills
• Effective verbal and listening communications skills
• Effective written communications skills
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Good customer service skills that includes accuracy, timeliness and quality of work.
• Able to handle difficult, non-paying customers with diplomacy
• Computer skills including the ability to operate computerised 2 accounting, spreadsheet and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level
• Stress management skills
• Time management skills
The Debtors Clerk duties include:
• Monitor and validate all invoices
• Prepare a debtor report and submit to the company owner on a monthly basis
• Hand over completed documentation for approval and authorisation
• Receiving and reconciling petty cash vouchers
• Invoice fines as per schedule
• Legal obligation fines for late submissions / non-compliance
• Contacts companies who owe money in writing or by telephone to recover outstanding balances, makes follow-up calls and in non-payment cases, makes the decision to ‘hand over’ to lawyers for collection
• Monitor and validate all legal obligation forms
• Maintain and archive financial records and files
• Submit reports to the company owner as required
• Establish and maintain cash controls
• Monitor petty cash reserves and reconcile
• Ensure transactions are accurately recorded and entered into the computerised accounting system
• Maintain the computerised accounting system and financial files and records;
• Maintain the accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all funds.
All applicants must:
• Supply traceable references with current contact details.
• ITC Check will be done on the successful candidate.
Job Application Details
NOTE: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Email your CV in .pdf or word format to: email@example.com
Closing date: Not Specified