Job Ad & Profile Description
The Government of Namibia faces challenges to its ability to sustainably and efficiently finance a health system that advances UHC. By strengthening Namibia’s health financing system and resource allocation processes, the LHSS Namibia activity will support the health system to effectively and efficiently absorb and integrate funding for vertical disease programs such as HIV, design and finance an essential package of services, and enable the Government of the Republic of Namibia (GRN) to finance and advance a UHC agenda.
- Task 1. Facilitate planning of field visits and develop a detailed data collection plan: the consultant will facilitate the planning of field visits for data collection by ensuring effective coordination and communication between LHSS Namibia, Survey Warehouse, the Ministry of Health and Social Services and the individual health facilities and healthcare providers selected for data collection. The consultant will work closely with Survey Warehouse to develop a detailed data collection plan and will communicate and coordinate the correspondence with the selected health facilities and healthcare providers to schedule the data collection visits.
- Task 2. Support piloting and revision of data collection tools: the consultant is expected to participate in data collector training and health facility visits to pilot the data collection tools and processes. The consultant will support LHSS and Survey Warehouse in making necessary revisions to data collection tools to incorporate lessons learnt from the piloting.
- Task 3. Monitor data collection progress and perform quality assurance checks on the data.The consultant will support the LHSS Namibia team in monitoring progress on data collection, cleaning, and consolidation, and assist the team in performing quality assurance checks on the datasets submitted by Survey Warehouse. Regularly communicate with Survey Warehouse and the LHSS team on the status of data collection, challenges experienced in the field and identify solutions to bottlenecks.
- Detailed data collection plan developed in collaboration with Survey Warehouse
- Confirmed schedule of data collection visits to health facilities and healthcare providers
- Written input and revisions to the data collection tools based on the pilot
- Weekly written updates on status of data collection, cleaning, and consolidation
Assumptions: This contract is dependent on the ability of government and development partner stakeholders to engage with the Activity, given any COVID-19-related restrictions and the ability of USAID to obtain concurrence from the MoHSS to work with the Activity.
Reporting: The consultant will report to Claire Jones, Chief of Party for LHSS Namibia, and is expected to lead this work described above and be responsible for final deliverables.
Location: The consultant will be based in Windhoek but will be required to travel within Namibia for parts of the consultancy.
Period of Performance: The consultant’s period of performance begins on June 1st, 2022 and ends on September 30th, 2022, for a total LOE up to 25 days.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Management, Medicine, Health Administration, Health Economics, Finance or other relevant field.
- Five or more years of relevant professional experience managing research studies, data collection efforts, costing studies, or coordinating other data collection efforts.
- Experience in costing services in the health sector is a plus.
- Experience working with, and cleaning, quantitative data in Excel
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills and ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary teams.
- A proven, successful record of achieving results. Ability to sustain the key roles and responsibilities largely independently.