COMMERCIAL & FINANCE MANAGER
Opportunity | Duty Description
COMMERCIAL & FINANCE MANAGER:
Purpose of position:
Define and implement a strategy, operating model and policies for multiple value chain functions in the next context of an analyzed risk profile as well as relevant corporate governance. Define and control the budget for multiple value chain functions.
- Continually increase Principal profitability by calculating and evaluating the value chain profitability of existing and potential principle.
- Ensure sourcing of new business to fit into current basket and negotiate profitable agreements.
- Ensure successful integration and synthesize relevant concepts into a new solution for which is no previous experience.
- Analyze and evaluate the commercial environment and business factors through systematic processes and incorporating these insights towards building a viable operational strategy at a multiple value chain level.
- Analyze and negotiate new principal contract with sufficient knowledge of contract law.
- Comply with IFRS standards for reporting and audit requirements.
- Ensure reconciliation of stock reports by comparison pf theoretical vs actual and compile reasons for variances.
- Monitor increase, decrease, capitalization and effect off claims raised against principal
- Compile reasons for difference if any in actual and budgeted GP per principal
- Ensure correct reconciliation of GL accounts.
- Ensure regular and accurate asset updates
- Ensure on time reporting as per deadline including budgets as per Imperial Calendar.
- Control Creditors reconciliation.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all balance sheet items and follow up on variances.
- Ensure cost review of all company costs as compared to budget
- Analyze VAT reconciliations and follow up.
- Ensure correctness of reports to auditors that correspond with GL
- Manages Finance staff.
Opportunity | Duty Requirement(s)
Qualifications, Experience and skills:
- Grade 12 and five years’ experience in FMCG
- Degree in Finance or Business Management.
- Contract law will be a definite advantage.
- Fluency in Afrikaans and English
- Proficiency in an indigenous language will be a definite advantage
- Be able to handle pressure and conflict situations.
- Negotiation skills.
- Have good communication.
- Be friendly, punctual, reliable and presentable
- Have good interpersonal skills and be able to work independently
- Valid passport and police clearance certificate
- Namibia Citizenship
- IFRS Knowledge
Added Advantages | Special Requirement(s)
Individuals meeting the above requirements should apply on HERE.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted and that no documentation will be returned. Applicants who are not contacted within two weeks from the closing date should be consider their application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 04-12-2020
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!