Primary Position Purpose
Developing and designing innovative, sustainable, and economically viable civil engineering infrastructure solutions for public and private sector clients. Contributing within a project team to collaborative successful project implementation.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Developing engineering designs through concept-, preliminary and detail design phases.
- Obtaining, generating, reviewing, analyzing and drawing conclusions from external data sources (e.g. field data, study reports, guidelines, and manuals).
- Communicating design intent through professional presentations, engineering reports, specifications, models, and drawings.
- Quantifying and economically optimising designs for lifecycle of the designed infrastructure.
- Monitoring construction activity, including quality control, maintenance of construction records, coordination with multi-disciplinary team and management of contractors.
- Administration of consulting and construction contracts, including contractual compliance, progress monitoring, variations, financial procedures, and claims.
- Liaison with stakeholders, including client representatives, service-, municipal and other authorities, and representatives from public.
Key Performance Indicators
- Reliably and independently produce creative engineering design solutions founded on civil engineering science and theory.
- Precision, neatness, and accuracy of own work.
- Improve and develop processes and templates for increased efficiency of the company.
- Efficient management of own time, continual delivery of work.
- Skills development (own and junior colleagues).
Recommended Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor of engineering (civil) from accredited reputable university.
- At least five years practical engineering work experience.
- Working knowledge of local engineering industry’s technical guidelines and manuals as well as contract conditions and standard specifications.
- Applied software skills, advanced level of use of MS Word, MS Excel, and Autodesk suite (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Infraworks, Revit).
- Working knowledge of project management best practice and BIM (building information modelling).
Closing Date: Wednesday, 23 September 2020
Details of the package on offer will be shared with shortlisted candidates.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the “Apply Now” link below and follow the prompts.
Only candidates who meet the above minimum requirements will be considered. Correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To find out more about VKE Namibia, please visit our SMEC Namibia page at https://www.smec.com/en_na
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to VKE Namibia employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.