PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all equipment within the department.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effective maintenance and repair of all equipment
- Fault finding and reparation and reporting of defects.
- Ensure accurate and timeous completion of Job Card.
- Supervise assistant as per company procedure and apply “on the Job Training” for the assistant.
Health, Safety and Bio Security
- Adhere to health, safety and bio security policies, procedures, standards, and practices.
- Always wear proper and clean PPE as prescribed by the company.
- Report any unsafe acts or health, safety, and bio security hazards.
- On time reporting/feedback on call-out if any occurred.
- Performing of additional tasks as and when required and performing it to best of ability and according to company standards and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- Grade 12 (NQF 2)
- National Technical Diploma(N3).
- Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in a maintenance related environment
- Proficient in English, being bilingual will be advantageous.
- Namibian citizen.
- Knowledge of SKOV will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel.
- Be willing to work overtime, public holidays, and Sundays as well as at external sites (depots) when necessary.
- Valid Code BE drivers’ license
- Must be able to work- day/night shifts, weekends, overtime and on public holidays.