The incumbent will assist in the procurement process tracking, data collection, procurement reporting and statistics, and facilitate suppliers’ payments of the correct goods and services procured for NIP Ltd.
- Administers suppliers data base.
- Administers suppliers contracts validity.
- Sends approved purchase orders to suppliers, follow up on expected deliveries, back orders and outstanding orders.
- Matches delivery note, invoices and purchase order in collaboration with Receiving departments ( Stores).
- Follows up with suppliers on reported discrepancies and takes corrective action with suppliers.
- Forwards correct verified delivery note, invoice and purchase order to creditors for payment.
- Ensures that invoices are received within a seven (7) days from date of delivery.
- Ensures that invoices are forwarded to Creditors department timeously .
- Acts as a procurement tracker during the Procurement Committee meetings.
- Presents the latest procurement tracker tool during the Procurement Committee meetings
- Assist in ensuring that award letters are sent to successful bidders on time and that contracts are signed with suppliers.
- Maintains proper records of all procurement related documents.
- Provides input to the drafting and reviewing of policies and procedures.
- Provides input to weekly/monthly management reports on procurement activities.
- Assists with tender administration when required.
- Accredited 3 years national diploma in Accounting, Commerce, Logistics, Purchasing or Business Administration, statistical analysis will be an added advantage.
- 2 years experience in supply chain management/finance environment
- Code B Driver’s License
- Computer literate (MS applications).
- Proficient in written and spoken English, good communication skills, interpersonal skills, and problem solving skills,
- Negotiation skills, planning and time management skills
- Knowledge of the Namibian Public Procurement Act and Regulations will be an added advantage