Opportunity | Duty Description
Sossusvlei Desert Lodge is currently recruiting for an experienced ranger/ guide.
&Beyond is built, almost entirely, on the strength of remarkable people who give passionately to their roles, work tirelessly, and have the guest experience at the core of their focus daily and care of the sustainability of our communities and environment. Every single ‘&Beyonder’ makes a huge difference to our success and our contribution to the world, regardless of their role or function. For this reason we choose ‘&Beyonders’ very carefully – they are the strength and the future of this company.
· Conduct tailor made specialist experiences daily
· Host guests at selected meal times
· Conduct guest transfers
· Contribute to Wild-watch
· Record daily sightings, temperatures and rainfall figures
· Contribute to data collection for the NamibRand Nature Reserve
· Be able and willing to assist with habitat work from time to time
· Attend and participate in all meetings
· Health and Safety Responsibilities
· Work safely at all times, complying with health and safety and other relevant regulations and guidelines
· Check and identify any potential hazards in the workplace and take appropriate action to minimize the risk from them
· Report any hazards identified and any actions you have taken
· Perform any other reasonable task as requested
Opportunity | Duty Requirement(s)
NOWLEDGE REQUIRED (QUALIFICATIONS OR TRAINING PROGRAMS)
• Be in possession of a valid Professional Driving Permit
• NATH qualification or equivalent
• First Aid
• Hard working and self-motivated with a positive outlook
• Communication Skills
· Possess the ability to manage conflict without aggression.
· To be able to accept and utilize feedback constructively.
· The ability to remain calm and organized under stress
· Have a confident, outgoing, friendly yet professional demeanour.
· Positive attitude and sunny disposition.
· Possess the ability and willingness to multitask, and see tasks through to fruition.
· Have Caring and thoughtful nature.
· Must LOVE people, staff and guests, and have a true desire to make people happy.
· Strong verbal communication skills, be eloquent, well spoken.
· Strong English speaking skills, ability to speak a foreign language would be advantageous.
Must be neat and well groomed
Closing Date: 28-02-2019
Email Address: email@example.com
Enquiries: Grant Chambers