– Senior Compliance Officer
Department: Legal & Company Secretariat
Primary purpose of position
To assist and support the Compliance Manager in the implementation and management of the compliance functionalities of NamPost, with a focus on operational compliance through systematic monitoring & analysis of indicators of non-compliance within a legalistic context, record keeping of problem areas, reporting and suggesting well-founded remedies, improvement/extensions of the compliance framework, training/improvement programmes and corrective and implementation initiatives. To provide advise as to best practices in compliance attainment at operational level to minimise regulatory, reputation and compliance risk, and assist in averting potential litigations/penalties
and ultimately contribute to the increase in shareholder value. To provide specific background research inputs, and recommendations to policies & procedures, new development as well as compliance
programmes and coordinate the implementation and monitoring of same at operational level. To investigate, review and evaluate compliance issues/concerns within the organisation as agreed with the manager and report back on these with compelling recommendations. To develop training and awareness material for managers and staff and conduct courses and awareness sessions to further a committed compliance work ethic amongst staff and achieve consistency and continuity. To delegate compliance tasks and responsibilities to the Compliance Officers, guide and coach them and ensure to standard outcomes.
• Legal Compliance Research, Preparations & Inputs related to Compliance Policy & Procedures, Strategy, Advice & Recommendations;
• Legal Compliance Programme Inputs, Preparations, Reviews & Developments (incl. Preparation of Improvement Plans);
• Legal Compliance Initiatives & Follow Through Effectiveness;
• Legal Compliance Effectiveness Monitoring, Auditing & Advisory Services (incl. Reports);
• Legal Compliance Training & Awareness Programmes & Implementations Effectiveness;
• Legal Compliance Records, Data-Base & Services;
• Legal Compliance Specific Improvement Initiatives Effectiveness;
• Legal Compliance investigations Effectiveness;
• Governance & Regulatory Reporting; and Supervision & Coaching Effectiveness.
Educational and experience requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Finance or Auditing with 6 years’ experience of which 2 years should haven on a supervisory level with evidence of leading a team. Any additional qualification in Compliance Management will be a distinct advantage in a corporate legal/commercial environment, with a proven track record in the area of compliance in an organisation of similar magnitude and complexity.
Skills and Knowledge requirements
• Track record of translating conceptual ability at an operational level in the context of sound
• Supervision and coaching;
• Auditing knowledge/expertise;
• Legal and associated Risk Mitigation & Management knowledge;
• Business Acumen and Project Management knowledge;
• Proficient in written and spoken English
• Computer literate;
• Compliance monitoring approaches;
• Legal requirements for financial services (industry and NamPost specific;
• Policy & Programme Design/Proposals;
• Sound analytical thinking and reasoning;
• Communication ability;
• Able to articulate technical or complex issues clearly and succinctly;
• Attentive to detail;
• Able to adjust style of communication according to the needs of audience;
• Systematic analysis;
Driving licence code B
Job Application Details
CLOSING DATE: 09/02/2024 FOR DETAILS, VISIT: https://www.nampost.com.na/corporate/vacancies
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Namibia
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!