The Namibian College of Open Learning is an educational institution
established by an Act of Parliament which provides courses for adults
and out-of-school youth.
We are committed to providing wider access to quality educational services for our
learners and other customers using a variety of open learning methods.
NAMCOL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND INVITES SUITABLE CANDIDATES TO APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING VACANCY
POSITION: PROGRAMME DEVELOPER: AFRICAN LANGUAGES
DIRECTORATE: CURRICULUM & MATERIAL DEVELOPMENT
REPORT TO: MANAGER: OPEN SCHOOLING
DUTY STATION: WINDHOEK, KATUTURA (HEAD OFFICE)
PATERSON JOB GRADE D2
The Programme Developer: African Languages is responsible for the development,
coordination and revision of Distance Education courseware.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Recruiting Course Teams;
• Training Course Teams and Tutors;
• Planning the Development/Revision of Courseware;
• Developing/Revising Courseware;
• Representing NAMCOL on External Forums.
• A recognized Honours Degree in Education;
• At least four (4) years of relevant work experience of which two (2) years are in
Open Distance eLearning (ODeL);
• At least fluent in two (2) Namibian African Languages;
• A code BE Driver’s license valid in Namibia.
• Knowledge and expertise in distance education curriculum and material
development, illustrations and instructional design, both print and online
• Design of multimedia learning resources and web-based course management;
• Knowledge of ODL and eLearning methodologies.
The document in support of the application should contain the following;
• Certified copies of educational and professional qualifications;
• Names and contact details of three (3) referees
NB: Foreign qualifications must be accredited by NQA
The College offers attractive remuneration supplemented by fringe benefits.
Job Application Details
Interested individuals meeting the requirements of this position, particularly women, persons with disabilities and from marginalised communities are encouraged to apply by submitting a résumé and cover letter highlighting their professional background. No email applications will be accepted. Please apply in writing to: NAMCOL Head Office, The Human Resources Officer, Private Bag 15008 ,Katutura, Windhoek Telephone enquiries: (061) 320 5238/5343 Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants those who have not been contacted by 29 February 2024 should consider that there will be no follow-up on their applications. The closing date for applications is: 21 November 2023 at 13h30.
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Namibia
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!